Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rubymelon history



When I leveled my first character in wow, I never thought that I would become one who leveled multiple characters. It wasn't until I was several months into hiting 60 on my first character that I decided to create another alt other than a bank character. One of my friends had a healer alt, and it compelled me to create a priest. And so it began. I went on to create an alt of each class. After all, in order to win a battle against your opponent, the best way is to know your enemy and thy self right? What exactly were the strong points and the weak points of a class? The best way is to jump in and get your feet wet.

2 years into wow, with TBC out. I sat at 5 level 70s. I had a character of each class in the lowest level was a level 35. But it doesn't stop there. The new rage was to create a character on the same server but on the opposite faction. Thus, I created a hordeling and reached level 40. Toward the end of TBC I decided to reroll horde for various reasons.


Now I sit at this current character list. First by order of level, second by order of hitting that level. On alliance the level order was most definitely by the order of coming to interest of that class. Usually this derived from having friends that played that class as their main or their alt. As I rerolled horde however, there was a change in that order as now I was well acquainted with each class.


First, I decided to make my main a druid. The group of friends that would help me level before wrath needed a tank for instancing and heroic instancing to gear up during the leveling rush. Second, I was in love with playing my druid at that time. Third, the druid is a great class to pick up gathering professions on because of the instant cast epic flight form. Then, I knew I could not live without a warlock. Warlock was my first main class, and the class I feel most comfortable with a fast reaction time.

Pretty much I then made a character of each class and started leveling each one according to 3 major factors.
  1. What class I felt like playing that day.
  2. What instance groups were available in LFG channel
  3. What professions that character had, and the next level requirement for extending the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment